Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
Global Solar Energy is seeking process engineers for manufacturing and developing thin film solar modules in Tucson, AZ. Our CIGS-based thin film is used to produce high efficiency flexible modules for GSE commercial products and to supply OEMs.
- Develop integrated process experiments to lead key process improvement initiatives and process development to increase solar cell and module efficiency
- Characterize cell to module efficiency loss and provide solutions to increase module efficiency
- Process integration of thin film layers to optimize PV circuit and module performance
- Perform DOE, data analysis and SPC
- Recommend enhancements to current process monitoring systems and provide disposition support for discrepant material
- Create and maintain controls for processes and equipment
- Manage the implementation of new processes in a volume production line
- Manage the implementation of engineering procedures and integration strategies to support product development and volume manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
The successful candidate will have previous experience with developing PV processes for the purpose of high volume manufacturing and will show competence in the following:
- An in-depth understanding of CIGS technology and semiconductor device physics
- Strong data analysis, Design of Experiments (DOE), process control standards and process modeling principles
- Excellent technical writing and problem-solving skills, ability to effectively present information to technical staff and management
- Ability to use complex problem-solving methods to define problem, drive root cause determination, collect and analyze data, and develop conclusions for root cause solutions
- Strong computer skills including Excel, JMP, and advanced analytical methods
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate data and results through written reports, public presentations, and oral discussions
- Strong background in equipment design/process/material property relationships
- Masters or PhD in Engineering/Science required plus at least 5 years experience in solar cell process integration. CIGS process integration experience is desired
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.