Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
This position will be responsible for assisting in the development, support and implementation of our internal MES system. This includes programming in SQL and VB.Net, monitoring database performance and providing support for all database systems.
- Provide support for the development of Manufacturing Execution System (MES), intranet site, and other database systems
- Design, develop, document, implement code and application enhancements according to business and technical requirements
- Optimize existing database structure, monitoring database performance and identify areas of improvement
- Support and maintain software programs, components or applications in a production environment
- Code reviews on an as needed basis to ensure conformity to company development guidelines
- Perform debugging, development testing and audits results of code
- Prepare and update SQL based reports for various departments throughout the organization
- Responsible for training end users and other internal and external MES support staff
- Work with other internal and external IT teams to assist and support technologies across the GSE Digital Platform to include deployment of new code, implementations, integrations, connectors, data flows and cross training where applicable
- Some Travel to China and other sites possible
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in programming in MS SQL, Visual Studio and VB.NET, Classic WinForms, WPF, PHP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
- MCSA or similar development certifications helpful
- Attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and user base
- Ability to track and report work activities accurately and hit deadlines
- Proficient in source control management (e.g. SVN, Git, Visual Source Safe, etc.)
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.