Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of GSE’s MES system GSPS to include internal and external clients as required. The Senior Software Engineer must also work closely with other IT teams to help support and maintain all applicable associated systems across the organization.
- Plan, design, develop, test, implement, and support Manufacturing Execution System (MES) GSPS, Flare and Solare where applicable
- Ensure new development code meets industry and company standards for reliability, security, data integrity and performance
- Plan expansion of the MES system to support internal and external factory scale up operations
- Evaluate and test new functionality, identifying code modifications that will optimize process and/or improve data integrity
- Participate in and identify efforts associated with continuous improvement, design requirements, automation, regulatory compliance, and other organizational capability initiatives
- Provide & define data reports of company performance and metrics for MES related systems
- Drive structured feedback to all applicable teams to help improve products
- Provide technical and project related direction and instruction to product development team
- Responsible for training, developing, reviewing performance of MES developers as assigned
- Quickly react to and resolve or mitigate otential issues that may impact scheduled deliverables
- Collaborate with Project Management in the planning, design, engineering and drive the development, implementation, test and troubleshooting of development systems
- Installation, support and maintenance of SQL Server databases (2008 through current)
- Implement, maintain and test DB backup procedures, backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, high availability and clusters where applicable.
- Work with other internal and external IT teams to assist and support technologies across the GSE Digital Platform to include deployment of new code, implementations, integrations, connectors, data flows and cross training where applicable
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Information Technology
- Some travel will be necessary
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent relevant experience
- 5-8 years experience in DB development including schema and table design, stored procedures, etc.
- .Net programming with WinForms support required
- Experience in development or management of MES systems
- Experience of MS SQL database administration required including support, maintenance, etc.
- Advanced analytical abilities & computer skills
- Attention to detail and advanced problem solving skills
- Manufacturing experience preferred including business operations strategy, data gathering and interfacing with PLC, set.
- Excellent database programming and design skills, primarily with MS SQL. Ability to write queries, scripts, stored procedures, triggers, design new schemas, architect new systems, etc
- Good communication skills, able to interact well with others
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.