Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
This position is part of an advanced materials development initiative for new and upgraded materials driven by cost and technical requirements. As the process engineer for the development team, this position is responsible for the development of processes (materials and equipment) to achieve cost-effective multilayer film materials for use in thin film PV (solar) product. Engineering skills to operate complex equipment, gather and interpret physical data, keen observation and knowledge-based reasoning will be required to develop and optimize oxide and hybrid-organic thin film coatings that will be developed.
- Assist in the selection of candidate materials and processes for transparent oxide and hybrid-organic thin film coatings;
- Evaluate and implement best materials and equipment to achieve desired properties of deposited thin film materials in roll-roll processes based on systematic experimental testing;
- Optimize processes and equipment to deposit thin films meeting required optical, mechanical and physical properties;
- Propose process and equipment modifications to improve deposited film properties;
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers and collaborators;
- Effectively report results to peers and management;
- Ensure safe operation in own area and others.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- A Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in chemical engineering, or materials science strongly preferred;
- At least five years experience in development and engineering of industrial processes;
- Desired Experience includes:
- Handling highly reactive or pyrophoric metal-organic compounds;
- Thin film deposition processes chemical vapor deposition, atomic layer deposition or vacuum processes;
- Wet chemical processes such as Sol-gel methods to deposit thin films;
- Thin film characterization, optical and electrical measurements, microscopy for surface analysis;
- Roll-to-roll fabrication processes and equipment
- Experienced in equipment design and specification;
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.