Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
Support an automated manufacturing/R&D facility by performing electrical repairs and troubleshooting. Modify existing equipment, install new vendor supplied machinery and wire prototype equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain 3-phase electrical systems up to 600 VAC
- Install and troubleshoot 24 VDC control systems.
- Perform calibration and repair of electrical instrumentation and control systems.
- Repair automated equipment including PLC’s, robots, servo drives, and motor starters.
- Perform equipment maintenance and repairs in a methodical and timely manner.
- Wire electrical control cabinets for prototype equipment builds.
- Provide support to engineers and scientist during experiments and equipment modifications.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in cross-functional teams to solve complex problems. Team player who contributes ideas, experience and knowledge to further company objectives.
- Maintain appropriate documentation; provide red-lined schematics and mechanical modifications to equipment designers for revision control.
- Troubleshoot and repair web drive systems, vacuum chambers, lamination equipment and slitting machines.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with both electrical and mechanical machine repair.
- 8+ years of experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment.
- Through understanding of NEC code and safety protocols.
- Experience with vacuum equipment is a plus.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.