Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
To support management of GSE technology development and innovation for thin film CIGS PV.
- Conceive and develop innovative methods to reduce costs and improve conversion efficiency of thin film CIGS-based PV.
- Develop practical solutions to materials and engineering problems for large scale thin film PV production.
- Lead a small team of engineers and scientists to solve key problems of thin film CIGS deposition, characterization, optimization and materials processing to fabricate low cost thin film PV in roll-to-roll methods using substrates of thin metal foils and polymer films.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Ph.D. in materials science, electrical or chemical engineering with understanding of CIGS device physics and materials processing, with 15 years or more relevant experience.
- Broad practical knowledge of electrical and optical measurement and characterization of PV materials and devices, thin film vacuum deposition processes, heat and mass transfer, mechanical and electrical design, optics and laser processing.
- 15 years experience in technical leadership positions using innovative approaches with demonstrated success.
- Must be highly-motivated and goal-oriented, and able to function in a dynamic research environment, with excellent communication skills, and an ability to motivate and educate others.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.