Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
This position is a key part of an advanced materials development initiative for new and upgraded materials driven by cost and technical requirements. As the scientific lead for the development team, this position is responsible for guiding the development of processes (materials and equipment) to achieve cost-effective multilayer film materials for use in thin film PV (solar) product. Engineering project leadership, experimental evaluation of new materials and processes, and adaptation of applicable methods and materials from other industries will be required.
- Evaluate and implement best materials and equipment to achieve desired properties of deposited thin film materials in roll-roll processes based on published reports, calculations and interaction with professionals in the field;
- Demonstrate processes and equipment to deposit thin films meeting required optical, mechanical and physical properties;
- Conduct systematic experiments and propose process and equipment modifications to optimize deposited film properties;
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers and collaborators;
- Effectively report results to peers and management;
- Ensure safe operation in own area and others;
- Create specifications to enable development and processing of coatings on web-based materials
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Abilities:
- A Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in chemical engineering or applied chemistry strongly preferred, with expertise in organic/hybrid and polymer materials;
- At least five years experience in development and engineering of coatings processes;
- Desired Experience includes:
- Film deposition processes using highly reactive or pyrophoric metal-organic compounds;
- Sol-gel methods to deposit thin films on polymers;
- Materials science, chemical vapor deposition, atomic layer deposition, and thin film characterization;
- Roll-to-roll fabrication processes and equipment
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.