Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
Work with vendors and engineers to prioritize, develop, document, and implement new equipment lines and upgrades. Develop equipment specifications, acceptance test criteria and risk analysis. Works in conjunction with Process Engineering to commission and qualify new equipment and processes. Controls the scope of projects to maintain budget.
- Creates and implement designs that provide efficient, low risk solutions to new and existing production equipment.
- Works to advance equipment capabilities through upgrades.
- Understands and operates the process at the level to suggest improvements
- Implements solutions into the process
- Identifies and reduces high risk areas in the design or the manufacturing of new and existing equipment lines.
- Specifies instrumentation and control hardware for equipment upgrades and future equipment lines.
- Works with vendors to troubleshoot and determine solutions to equipment failures.
- Develops equipment specifications and performs acceptance testing.
- Travel offsite to monitor and qualify equipment while independently representing GSE and the project goals.
- Maintain the appropriate documentation to support equipment acquisition and continuing operation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical, Systems, Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Extensive experience with manufacturing equipment and equipment design
- Experience with developing efficient, workable equipment solutions in an industrial environment.
- Programming and vision system experience beneficial
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.