Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
The Production Engineer works in the sphere of manufacturing/production in tandem with local area engineers overseeing the production of solar material and solar modules. The job is to ensure that all products are manufactured with utmost efficiency, quality, safety, according to the best and directed protocols. Production engineer will be responsible for both overall and small details related to all aspects of production.
- Oversee daily production scheduling, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Manage and maintain training schedule of production personnel
- Update and create required work documents and procedures
- Monitor, measure and improve line efficiency
- Monitor/set inventory according to work flow plans
- Design work-flow layouts for factory re-organization
- Manage the fiscal financial month end closing process
- Manage WIP to finished goods inventory
- Track, analyze and report levels and details of material WIP and scrap
- Implement material usage improvement plans.
- Perform task time measurements to set or update routings and labor standards
- Design/consult/implement work flow, hardware and material routing on new lines
- Manage factory housekeeping and quarterly 5S audits.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with MES, MRP/ ERP systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices and MS Office applications
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of electro/mechanical equipment
- Demonstrate problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong communication, work ethic and team building skills
- Self managing with exceptional time management
- Willing and capable to step into temporary assignments to support sort-term initiatives
- Prefers to work in a team environment leading teams and call to action
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.