Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
This position is a key part of the Product Development group that develops new and upgraded products based on marketing requirements. As the scientific lead for the reliability team, this position is responsible for ensuring reliability of GSE products against Warranty requirements and compliance with required market standards. Efforts to be accomplished through engineering project leadership, evaluation of existing and new materials and product structures, and will include product reliability testing, validation, qualification, and lifetime prediction.
- Leads failure analysis and reliability testing on all critical aspects of product design, materials, and selected process changes.
- Define, manage, and support projects and team to ensure that designs of new or existing GSE products meet reliability, qualification, and validation testing requirements.
- Responsible for reliability test protocols, product reliability specifications, and ensuring GSE products meet GSE Warranty claims.
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Effectively report results to peers and management
- Represents GSE at selected technical conferences and committees
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures.
- Supervise work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling, and reviewing work, ensuring quality standards.
- Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff.
- Resolves personnel issues and works to motivate employees and boost morale.
- Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Ensure safety compliance in own area and others.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Abilities:
- Master's or Ph.D. level in Engineering field (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Reliability).
- At least five years experience in Product Reliability and Product Development
- Desired Experience in the following areas:
- Reliability and failure analysis including product lifetime projection and modeling, polymers, encapsulants, adhesives, device packaging, device and material characterization. Adhesion testing and improvement
- Semiconductor physics, materials science, and semiconductor fabrication processes and equipment
- Product packaging involving polymers and their properties, selection, and validation
- Metal or polymeric foil and laminate design and processing; Composites
- Transparent water vapor barriers, Hermetic packaging
- Thin and nano-film deposition methods, including ALD, PECVD, sputtering, evaporation
- Instrumentation for and measurement of characteristics of electronic materials and devices
- Statistical software for modeling and trend interpretation
- Product design and certification of products (e.g. UL, IEC, MIL STD)
- Formal Reliability and Quality Engineering training (e.g. Certification, ISO, 6 sigma, etc.)
- Understanding of roofing laminate materials and shingle design
- Flex circuit design, Flexible flat power cables
- Automated spot-welding, laser-welding, soldering, welding development
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.