Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
Primary responsibilities are to provide technical support for marketing and pre- and post-sales efforts, to develop alternate product mounting capabilities to expand applicability of GSE products, and to ensure compliance of GSE products to required market and certification standards.
- Provide technical support for pre-and post sales and marketing efforts, including all necessary product, installation, and maintenance documentation.
- Interact effectively and professionally with existing and potential customers.
- Support developmental projects to upgrade product mounting capabilities for expanded applicability and differentiation of GSE products, including development of new adhesives and mounting methods,.
- Be fully aware of level of compliance of GSE products to required market and certification standards, and support interactions with certification agencies for new and existing GSE products.
- Support technical efforts to collect field performance, reliability, and quality feedback and data from existing and new system installations which use GSE products.
- Support Customer Concern Notifications; Interact with Sales, Quality, and customers to ensure proper and timely response for customer issues and Warranty claims; Support upgrades of Warranty documentation.
- Recommend upgraded designs to GSE product development team for improved usability, performance and reliability; help create associated specifications.
- Support new product launches from initial coordination of marketing prototypes, project creation and leadership, and support through Alpha, Beta, and Final product release.
- Properly document results; Prepare and present reports of results to peers and management.
- Train associates, including operators, maintenance, engineers, etc. as needed.
- Operate and maintain laboratory and test equipment as needed.
- Ensure safety compliance and good housekeeping practices in own area and others.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Reliability)
- At least two years experience in Product Engineering or Development.
- Technical Writing and Document Management experience a strong plus.
- Experience with Product design and certification of products (e.g. UL, IEC, MIL STD) a strong plus.
- Experience with PV system electrical and mechanical designs and performance tracking a strong plus.
- Experience with roofing industry standards and methods a strong plus.
- Experience in statistical software for modeling and trend interpretation a strong plus.
- Experience in instrumentation for and measurement of electronic materials and devices a plus.
- Experience with CAD (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidWorks) or other computer drawing package a plus.
- Communicate cross-functionally at multiple levels with candor and respect, in writing and verbally.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.