Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
The Design Engineer works within the equipment engineering group to develop and upgrade web handling and vacuum process equipment as well as automated assembly equipment. Depending on the assigned projects the Design Engineer will work within a team to provide necessary support in the project or drive the entire upgrade from customer spec creation to implementation independently.
This position includes responsibilities for creating, and modifying detailed drawing packages for product drawings and manufacturing and R&D equipment. The responsibility includes management of documents with regards to revision control.
- Design and model mechanical systems that provide efficient, low risk solutions to new and existing production equipment
- Manage and maintain all drawing documentation for product drawings and equipment drawings.
- Supporting the product development group, process engineering and manufacturing with products drawing and assembly drawing packages.
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate documentation to support equipment upgrades in a dynamic environment
- Generate drawing packages for manufacturing of new equipment
- Responsible for specifications and identifying components, creating complete mechanical BOM’s and ensuring all parts are ordered for system builds
- Design future factory floor layouts including equipment footprint location and utility requirements
- Work with engineering groups and vendors to create specifications for new production equipment
- Organize and manage design reviews for internal system builds as well as vendor built systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, and/or 15 yrs experience in mechanical design
- Experienced in SolidWorks 3D modeling and AuotCad 2D drawings
- 5 – 10 yrs experience working with models and drawings for manufacturing equipment
- Ability to take a concept and turn it into a complete functional design with minimal supervision
- Experience with web handling and vacuum equipment is a plus
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.