Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
Provide direct engineering, security and technical support for all enterprise applications, DB Technologies and server systems in the enterprise.
- Monitor information security systems and evaluate performance on key security issues, potential threats and vulnerabilities, recommending and implementing corrective action programs.
- Coordinate internal and external audits, scans, penetration tests and other security assessments.
- Assist in formulating security architecture recommendations to include network security architecture design, appliance & security product deployments to include IDS, IPS, DLP, Firewalls, etc.
- Configures and tests new IDS/IPS/DLP rules based on in-depth security analysis.
- Support, administration, maintenance and monitoring of systems security, including Firewall, Security Appliances (IDS/IPS), DLP, Encryption Services, Antivirus Systems, Switching, Cloud, SD-WAN, LAN, WAN, VLAN, etc.
- Perform risk assessments to identify significant information security risks including applications, systems, cloud, infrastructure and services.
- Develop new and maintain existing monitoring technologies as to effectively monitor performance, supply notification alerts and reports for all critical systems within the enterprise.
- Assist network staff in ongoing support of the GSE’s Server environment’s 60 servers including maintenance, monitoring, upgrades, patches, updates, migrations and implementations. This includes all infrastructure, hardware and software as applicable to the server/network environment.
- Assist in design, integration, administration and support of VMware virtualization environment as to afford highest efficiency, uptime and redundancy across platforms and sites.
- Help to analyze, identify, implement and confirm appropriate security procedures, policies and controls are in place as to protect company data and systems.
- Analyze, develop, maintain and update documentation inclusive of controls, support procedures, disaster recovery, system configuration, change management, protocol schemas, network roadmaps, diagrams and topologies.
- Monitor, maintain and process client service requests via existing Call Management System in adherence to SLA’s.
- Serve as backup to other IT staffing where needed.
- Perform other tasks and or special projects as assigned by IT Director.
- Stay up-to-date with current security issues and regulations in the industry including researching latest findings, industry trends, and vendor-specific issues and resolutions.
- Participate in a rotating 24x7 emergency support response process.
- Maintain ethical and professional behavior in dealing with clients and department personnel.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality for all company assets, processes, proprietary data and HR awareness.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT field with an emphasis in networks and/or systems security.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in Information Security.
- One or more security certifications GIAC, SSCP, CCNA, CISSP, CISA, CEH preferred.
- One or more Microsoft certification/s such as MCSE, MCSA, MCTS or MCITP desired.
- VCP virtualization certification helpful.
- Broad knowledge of IPS (Intrusion Prevention Systems) ,IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) ,Endpoint Security, DLP (Data Loss Prevention), Firewalls ,Encryption, Vulnerability Scanners, network monitoring tools, internal and external penetration testing, etc.
- Experience with DLP (Data Loss Prevention) including development, implementing testing and tuning DLP rules, policies and reports. Symantec DLP experience strongly preferred.
- Symantec Endpoint Security and or Messaging Gateway helpful.
- Knowledge of and experience with advanced network protocols, routing and switching, firewall configurations, WANs, VLANs, WLANs, SD-WANs, etc.
- Advanced experience in Firewalls and security including Intrusion Detection, DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL, proxy services, etc.
- Experience with Cisco firewalls and routers, inclusive of configuration of all services, protocols, rules, routing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server environments 2003, 2008 and newer including Active Directory, GPO, etc.
- Experience in advanced VMware ESXi environments, including load balancing, failover, etc.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.