Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
Coordinate and administer a wide range of Human Resources programs and services. Assist managers and line staff with employment, employee relations, benefits, and other general human resources functions and information.
- Support benefits administration to include, communicating benefit information to employees; initiating medical and optional forms and/or affidavits; arranging for completion and submission of enrollments/changes within time limits; and assist with claims resolution. Liaison with benefits insurance agent as needed.
- Assist with open enrollment period. Assist with distribution of materials from carriers and with relaying changes to employees. May coordinate on-site representation by providers. May conduct employee presentations.
- Act as a resource for payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations. Advise HR Director of potential problem areas and discuss potential compliance exposure with managers.
- Provide strong recruiting support: schedule interviews, place advertisements, perform reference checks, prepare related correspondence and job offers. Coordinate staff relocations and ensure a smooth transition. Conduct new employee Company/HR orientation and new employee benefits orientation. Maintain employment records
- Assist managers/supervisors with development of new job descriptions and the revision of current job descriptions
- Assists HR Director with revisions to Corporate Policies & Procedures that related to Human Resources.
- May also include some reception duties, as well as administrative support (reports, travel arrangements, etc).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- BA/BS preferred or a combination of education and experience, with minimum of 3 years HR support experience
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook; HRIS experience needed; ERP database experience preferred but not required
- Has a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups across functional lines.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.