Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
The Plant Cost Finance Manager will interface with the manufacturing team and leaders across multiple departments, including but not limited to Operations, Supply Chain, Facilities, R&D, and Manufacturing. Essential functions of this role include both cost accounting and financial analysis and reporting.
As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.
- Responsible for setting up the standard cost for labor overhead and bill of material
- Validate and analyze the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Work closely and partner with Inventory management team to monitor, track and improve the cycle count process and inventory accuracy
- Work with Fixed Asset Accountant to coordinate the fixed asset cycle (purchase, retirement or impairment)
- Perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price to Cost variance, cost revaluation, Invoice to PO price variances and work order variances
- Partner with process development and Supply Chain teams to ensure Bill of Material accuracy including knowledge of cost reduction impact on financials
- Ensure process integrity within R&D, Manufacturing, Finance, and Supply Chain while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues
- Maintain relationships with Business Partners and Accounting peers to address information reporting needs
- Prepare Accounting schedules routinely and as requested for internal and external reporting requirements
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to manufacturing accounting and ensure SOX 404 compliance
- Assist with and ensure successful quarterly and year end audits
- Finance liaison for China HQ Finance team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related area
- CPA or MBA preferred, but not required
- Minimum 5 years' cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment (experience in equipment manufacturing industry highly preferred)
- Bilingual Chinese & English Preferred
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles
- Strong ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an enterprise resource planning system and articulate the key findings to management. IFS ERP experience preferred
- Strong business skills and effective understanding of financial, distribution and manufacturing systems
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships with other teams within Finance as well as cross-functionally outside Finance to effectively make recommendations, implement process improvements, etc
- Positive "can do" attitude and highly analytical; enjoys challenges
- Detail oriented and comfortable working with large data sets
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.