Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
This position is responsible for providing legal counsel to the company on a wide range of legal issues. Advise management team / executive staffs on specific legal specialization. Has a wide range of legal knowledge and possesses the ability to assist in managing of company affairs; with a focus on compliance, business enablement, visa / immigration. The position will work closely with senior management, outside legal counsel and employees at all levels.
- Keeping informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Developing the organization’s policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs
- Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing a brief for submission to an outside attorney or executive of the organization
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Developing and communicating policies and procedures for the company’s standard of legal and ethical conduct
- Providing reports on a regular basis to keep senior management informed of the progress and status of the compliance program, and advising them of new developments in ethics and regulatory compliance
- Coordinating and managing outside counsel and litigation to ensure effectiveness and alignment of outside counsel with company objectives
- Advising on employment matters and providing proactive guidance for compliance
- Negotiating with outside parties on legal issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences
- Drafting, negotiating, administrating all contracts and agreements.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- J.D. from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials.
- 10+ years practicing as a corporate attorney at a big law firm, in-house experience a plus.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications. The ability to collaboratively sell strategies throughout the organization generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Influencing Ability: Ability to influence major decisions through reasoned analysis and business understanding; demonstrated presence and stature; demonstrated nuanced ability to collaborate with and influence members at all levels of the company
- Leadership Experience: Demonstrate the ability to take the lead, in a positive way with management and department leaders; to proactively partner with business leaders to collaborate and resolve challenges.
- Problem Solving: Capacity for managing complexity, analyzing and synthesizing financial and other business information and making aggressive, fast paced business decisions.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Ability to convey ideas in a meaningful way and secure commitment and support from others at all levels of the company.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct,
- practical and results-oriented legal advice.
- General knowledge of Intellectual Property is a plus
- Bilingual in English / Chinese (fluent in verbal / written) is a plus.
- International Travel Requirement: 10-20%
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.