Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
The Controls Engineer will be responsible to service, maintain and troubleshoot existing highly automated manufacturing tools. In addition he/she will develop upgrades and prototypes for new production tools. To do so, the successful candidate will work with engineering and manufacturing to identify, trouble shoot and document issues on the production lines. In addition the Controls Engineer will work within the equipment engineering group to design, develop and troubleshoot PLC based software solutions for automated prototype equipment and upgrades of existing production tools.
- Design, develop, and supervise all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery.
- Develop software that provides efficient, prompt solutions to new and existing production equipment.
- Work to advance equipment capabilities through software and machine control hardware upgrades.
- Maintain and document the appropriate software changes and updates to support equipment modifications and continuing operation.
- Work with manufacturing to identify and troubleshoot machine control failures.
- Specify instrumentation and control hardware for equipment upgrades and future equipment lines.
- Program vision systems and placement robots.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- BS in Controls, Systems or Electrical Engineering
- Five to ten years experience in developing software solutions for automated equipment in a production environment.
- Must be proficient in developing, debugging and deploying PLC based and desktop based software in an active manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of :
- Siemens PLC programming
- Mitsubishi PLC programming
- AB PLC programming
- C++ programming
- Visual Basic programming
- Motion Control systems
- Experience with web drives and web handling equipment is a plus
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.