Global Solar looks to enhance our dynamic and experienced team.
With our production facility in sunny Tucson, Arizona, Global Solar offers its employees an opportunity to not only pursue their individual careers but be a part of an organization committed to a sustainable future. We endeavor to offer all our employees competitive wages, benefits and working conditions that are conducive to advancing our position on the cusp of this technological wave. We encourage open communication among employees, supervisors and management. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Please review our available positions. When you have found something for which you are qualified and interested, please email your resume to the address noted at the bottom of the position description. A Global Solar representative will contact you should your qualifications match those we seek.
PV Device Scientist
The primary responsibilities of the PV (PhotoVoltaic) Device Scientist will be to improve cell performance and device reliability through systematic analytical work, identifying failure mode, developing and testing technical models and working with process engineering to optimize processes.
• PhD degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or a related technical field
• 1-5 years experience in semiconductor physics, device characterization and reliability testing
• Experience in developing analytical methods, Statistical Data Analysis and DOE
• Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks effectively with minimal supervision
• Ability to summarize complex data sets for technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work independently and within groups
Senior Product Development Engineer
This position will be responsible for new and improved product implementation, accomplished through engineering project leadership, evaluation of new materials and structures, and execution of continuous improvement and reliability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field (Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical)
• 3-5 years experience in process/products implementation.
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient computer skills including but not limited to MS Office and Outlook
• Understanding of electrical circuits and basic diagnostic tools for electrical circuits
• Familiarity with a wide range of polymers and their properties
• Experience in statistical software for modeling and trend interpretation
Technology Development Technician
This position’s primary responsibilities will be to fabricate and test samples and prototypes to support the requirements of the Technology, Product, and Process Development departments.
• At least 1 year of relevant technical experience required
• Associate’s degree in engineering or physical science is desirable
• Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings and specifications
• Mechanically and electronically inclined; Ability to use hand tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good analytical reasoning and math skills
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Must be detail oriented, have excellent measuring skills and very good organizational skills.