Global Solar looks to enhance our dynamic and experienced team.
With our production facility in sunny Tucson, Arizona, Global Solar offers its employees an opportunity to not only pursue their individual careers but be a part of an organization committed to a sustainable future. We endeavor to offer all our employees competitive wages, benefits and working conditions that are conducive to advancing our position on the cusp of this technological wave. We encourage open communication among employees, supervisors and management. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Please review our available positions. When you have found something for which you are qualified and interested, please email your resume to the address noted at the bottom of the position description. A Global Solar representative will contact you should your qualifications match those we seek.
Product Development Engineer
This position will be responsible for new and improved product implementation, accomplished through engineering project leadership, evaluation of new materials and structures, and execution of continuous improvement and reliability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field (Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical)
• 3-5 years experience in process/products implementation.
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient computer skills including but not limited to MS Office and Outlook
• Understanding of electrical circuits and basic diagnostic tools for electrical circuits
• Familiarity with a wide range of polymers and their properties
• Experience in statistical software for modeling and trend interpretation
Product Sales Manager:
The Product Sales Manager must be a highly-motivated sales professional who will be responsible for achieving monthly & annual sales goals of the PowerFLEX and PowerFLEX Mobile product lines, assisting in the development and advance of the Company’s sales initiatives, and developing and maintaining direct customer and sales channel relationships. This manager will research, understand and anticipate the needs of the customer, develop the proper technical and business solution to meet those needs, develop and grow key long-term relationships with customers. The manager will also coordinate with internal groups, such as engineering, quality, manufacturing, marketing, customer service, and finance.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in successful commercial solar PV sales.
• Knowledge of commercial solar PV module technologies, PV systems, installation practices, and performance measurements is required. Working knowledge of PVsyst software is preferred.
• Strong understanding of the sales and construction cycles in commercial solar projects, especially rooftop applications.
• Ability to travel 30-50% of the time throughout North America, with occasional overseas travel.
• Preferred location of position is in Tucson, Phoenix, or major metro area in CA, although well-qualified candidates located near major airports in strong solar PV markets will be considered.
Quality Technician I
The Technician will perform incoming tests and inspections of engineering and production material; be responsible for data entry tasks required for tracking and logging inspection information. Other job functions include assisting in the development/calibration of test equipment and methodologies to support all products and processes, executing and complying with QA SOPs for reliability testing, quality system and equipment servicing, calibration and maintenance. Recognizing and understanding issues related to product and process inspection, testing and initiating corrective actions are also essential to this position.
• Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills.
• Associates degree in engineering or physical science with 1+ year of relevant technical or QC experience.
• Mechanical, electrical and mathematics aptitude.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
• Understand QA concepts, practices and procedures for part inspection.
• Proficiency with MS Office. Ability to chart and graph data tables.
• Good interpersonal, time management and self-motivation skills.
• Ability to stand, walk, lift up to 40 pounds, reach, grasp, push, pull and sit.
The Technician will work closely with the process engineer, operators and manufacturing manager to ensure production is on track, equipment is in right working order and all necessary changes and tests are done properly. The position will require removing, dissembling, rebuilding and installing parts. Other Job functions include assisting with day to day operator tasks, making sure productions stays running, and aiding in process development.
• H.S. Diploma
• 5 years of experience
• Experience with Vacuum systems and thin film coating
• Organized and good communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and diagnose
• Proficiency with MS Office and Outlook; Excel and Word are necessary.