Global Solar looks to enhance our dynamic and experienced team.
With our production facility in sunny Tucson, Arizona, Global Solar offers its employees an opportunity to not only pursue their individual careers but be a part of an organization committed to a sustainable future. We endeavor to offer all our employees competitive wages, benefits and working conditions that are conducive to advancing our position on the cusp of this technological wave. We encourage open communication among employees, supervisors and management. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Please review our available positions. When you have found something for which you are qualified and interested, please email your resume to the address noted at the bottom of the position description. A Global Solar representative will contact you should your qualifications match those we seek.
Customer Service Coordinator works with sales department to ensure overall customer satisfaction both externally and internally.
• 5+ years admin experience in manufacturing environment
• Strong Excel skills - Pivot Tables/Charts, Advanced Formulas
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to multitask (dynamic environment, frequent interruption)
• Provide support to managerial operations
• Familiar with logistics, procurement, materials, shipping
Director of Product Management will be responsible for managing existing products and services as well as leading the creation and integration of new products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or Science
• 2 – 5 years Product Development or Marketing
• Knowledge of PV Certifications and roofing requirements
• Experienced in Product Development, Strategic Planning and Implementation
• Project Management experience; PMP Certification preferred
Characterization Lab Manager will be responsible for efficiently and effectively operating the characterization laboratory and supervising technicians.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry or Engineering
• 2+ years experience in a Production Environment
• Mechanically and Electronically inclined
• Proficiency with JMP production data systems
• Familiarity with SEM/EDX
Sr. Product Engineer is responsible for ensuring compliance of product designs related to required market standards; as well as, reliability assurance of all features of selected products, including process changes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Reliability Engineering
• 5+ years Product Development
• Experience in Semi-Conductor physics and metallurgy, as well as fabrication processes
• Experience with Product Design involving polymers and their properties
• CAD or other computer drawing (AutoCAD Lite 2000, SolidWorks 2000)
• Experience in statistical software for modeling and trend interpretation
• Product design and certification of products (UL, IEC, MIL STD)
Process Engineers will be responsible for manufacturing and developing in the product finishing portion of the process which includes printing, cell interconnection and flexible module assembly.
• BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or Automation
• Converting, Photovoltaic or Semi-conductor Industry experience
• Automated assembly, pneumatic controls, web handling and/or vision system experience
• Strong Technical understanding at the level of Constant Improvement
• SOP creation, failure analysis, corrective actions and improvement plans
Manufacturing Engineers will be responsible for creating, documenting, developing, sustaining, troubleshooting and implementing processes and procedures required to assemble, test, process and manufacture products.
• BS in Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or Industrial
• 5+ years experience in manufacturing production operations
• Strong understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, SPC and Theory of Constraints
• Overall understanding of plant productivity means and methods
• Proficient in MS Office and Production Operating Systems
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will be interacting with business leadership to develop the strategic long range planning, annual and monthly corporate budget plan, assess actual vs. forecasted results, and perform ad hoc analysis.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
• Experience working for an International Company; Chinese parent company preferred
• 10+ years progressive financial planning and analysis
• Advanced modeling and spreadsheet formulation capabilities; Strong Excel Skills required
• Program Management with strong financial leadership and organization skills
• Knowledgeable in Hyperion reporting, budget management and forecasting
• Strong analytic skills