Global Solar looks to enhance our dynamic and experienced team.
With our production facility in sunny Tucson, Arizona, Global Solar offers its employees an opportunity to not only pursue their individual careers but be a part of an organization committed to a sustainable future. We endeavor to offer all our employees competitive wages, benefits and working conditions that are conducive to advancing our position on the cusp of this technological wave. We encourage open communication among employees, supervisors and management. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Please review our available positions. When you have found something for which you are qualified and interested, please email your resume to the address noted at the bottom of the position description. A Global Solar representative will contact you should your qualifications match those we seek.
Inside Sales Engineer
The Inside Sales Engineer will be responsible for helping achieve sales goals of the PowerFLEX, PowerFLEX Mobile and ICI product lines, assisting in the development and advance of the Company’s sales programs and initiatives, identification of target opportunities and developing and maintaining direct customer and sales channel relationships. Position will also involve technical customer support, quoting and some order entry.
(As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.)
• Work with the external sales team to identify, prospect, and close sales to end users and buyers in the commercial solar industry, as well as OEMs and suppliers of equipment or projects using solar products.
• Input and manage contact and sales opportunity databases, and assist with sales forecasts to inform production planning.
• Assist and support searching for and qualifying new clients who might benefit from company’s products and services.
• Provide product technical support for existing and potential customers.
• Support distributors and Hanergy sales offices as required.
• Respond to RFIs/RFPs/RFQs and generate proposals as needed to build a sales pipeline.
• Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
• Support closing sales by eliminating technical roadblocks and objections.
• Liaising with other members of the sales teams and other technical experts as needed to support sales activities, including technical training of Hanergy staff.
• Develop and grow key long-term relationships with customers.
• Coordinate with internal groups, such as engineering, quality, manufacturing, marketing, customer service, and finance to meet customer needs and maintain customer satisfaction.
• Provide support at trade shows and industry conferences as requested.
• Help provide after-sales support to customers.
• Manage key accounts and channels to grow sales and maintain customer satisfaction.
• Assist in the development and delivery of sales tools, presentations, product demonstrations, etc.
• Gather market intelligence and communicate to the broader organization.
• Convey market and customer requirements to Product Management and Product Development teams as part of the new product development process, or the design of custom-made products.
• Produce sales forecasts, sales plans, call reports and other reports as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
• 1-3 years experience working in the solar industry preferred.
• Proven success selling technology as a financial solution into a complex sales environment with both financial and technical buyers.
• Excellent presentation, listening, negotiation and closing skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the photovoltaic market, including solar cells, modules, inverters, batteries, certifications, installation practices and economic drivers.
• Ability to represent the company in a professional manner with a wide variety of customers at all management levels, including contractors, distributors, consulting engineers, OEMs and others.
• Must be capable of managing multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, prioritizing sales opportunities, meeting commitments and working well with internal support teams.
• Strong understanding of the sales and construction cycles in commercial solar projects, especially rooftop applications.
• Ability to travel 5% of the time throughout North America, with occasional overseas travel.
• Ability to work well with others and solve problems effectively in a dynamic environment.
• Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with a strong selling and technical support aptitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint, plus email and internet browsers. Knowledge of IFS or similar ERP system preferred.
• Bachelors Degree in engineering, physics, chemistry or similar technical field required.
• Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S.
• Location of position is in Tucson, AZ.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.