Global Solar looks to enhance our dynamic and experienced team.
With our production facility in sunny Tucson, Arizona, Global Solar offers its employees an opportunity to not only pursue their individual careers but be a part of an organization committed to a sustainable future. We endeavor to offer all our employees competitive wages, benefits and working conditions that are conducive to advancing our position on the cusp of this technological wave. We encourage open communication among employees, supervisors and management. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Please review our available positions. When you have found something for which you are qualified and interested, please email your resume to the address noted at the bottom of the position description. A Global Solar representative will contact you should your qualifications match those we seek.
Sr Product Reliability Engineer
This position is a key part of the Product Development group that develops new and upgraded products based on marketing requirements. As the scientific lead for the reliability team, this position is responsible for ensuring reliability of GSE products against Warranty requirements and compliance with required market standards. Efforts to be accomplished through engineering project leadership, evaluation of existing and new materials and product structures, and will include product reliability testing, validation, qualification, and lifetime prediction.
• Leads failure analysis and reliability testing on all critical aspects of product design, materials, and selected process changes.
• Define, manage, and support projects and team to ensure that designs of new or existing GSE products meet reliability, qualification, and validation testing requirements.
• Responsible for reliability test protocols, product reliability specifications, and ensuring GSE products meet GSE Warranty claims.
• Interact effectively with internal and external customers
• Effectively report results to peers and management
• Represents GSE at selected technical conferences and committees
• Ensure safety compliance in own area and others.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Reliability).
Master’s or Ph.D. level strongly preferred.
• At least five years experience in Product Reliability and Product Development strongly preferred
• Desired Experience in the following areas:
• Reliability and failure analysis including product lifetime projection and modeling, polymers, encapsulants, adhesives, device packaging, device and material characterization. Adhesion testing and improvement
• Semiconductor physics, materials science, and semiconductor fabrication processes and equipment
• Product packaging involving polymers and their properties, selection, and validation
• Metal or polymeric foil and laminate design and processing; Composites
• Transparent water vapor barriers, Hermetic packaging
• Instrumentation for and measurement of characteristics of electronic materials and devices
• Statistical software for modeling and trend interpretation
• Product design and certification of products (e.g. UL, IEC, MIL STD)
• Formal Reliability and Quality Engineering training (e.g. Certification, ISO, 6 sigma, etc.)
• Understanding of roofing laminate materials and shingle design
• Flex circuit design, Flexible flat power cables
• Automated spot-welding, soldering, welding development
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for helping improve awareness and product demand through a variety of digital and traditional tools and campaigns, including web analytics, search engine optimization, social media platforms, online advertising, e-mail marketing, websites, videos, CRM system and supporting of trade shows and sales tools.
(As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.)
• Work with the sales and marketing team to identify and target end user and buyer segments for GSE products and then develop and implement strategies designed to generate leads, help shorten the sales cycle, improve conversion rates, and improve brand awareness.
• Directly manage client communities across social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook.
• Inform content strategies, and in some cases, facilitate, curate and create content.
• Develop influencer strategies, and manage influencer marketing programs; including outreach and communications with influencers.
• Monitor, measure and report on the success of digital marketing efforts using tools such as Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and other digital analytics and monitoring platforms to improve the GSE website and improve search rankings (SEO).
• Keep up to date on digital marketing news, trends and best practices.
• Implement marketing campaigns and analyze outcomes, drawing insights, and presenting post mortem results clearly to facilitate sound decision making and next step creation.
• Use the Nutshell CRM system to create and maintain campaigns, import leads, and update contacts. You will also be expected to understand data structures and be able to help clean and maintain healthy databases.
• Work with our Sales and Marketing teams to increase brand awareness and, ultimately, impact the bottom line of the organization.
• Coordinate with internal groups, such as engineering, quality, manufacturing, marketing, customer service, and finance to craft and deliver the appropriate messaging to the market.
• Provide support at trade shows and industry conferences as requested.
• Assist in the development and delivery of sales tools, presentations, product demonstrations, etc.
• Gather market intelligence and communicate to the broader organization.
• Convey market and customer requirements to Product Management and Product Development teams as part of the new product development process, or the design of custom-made products.
• Produce marketing reports as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
• 3+ years of related experience in digital B2B marketing, preferably in a technical industry.
• Excellent presentation, listening, negotiation and closing skills.
• Must be capable of managing multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, meeting commitments and working well with internal support teams.
• Strong data analysis skills are needed.
• Ability to travel 5% of the time throughout North America.
• Ability to work well with others and solve problems effectively in a dynamic environment.
• Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with strong creativity and ability to think strategically.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with a CRM system, email marketing, and marketing automation technology is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of Social Marketing, along with Web Design and Development (WordPress experience a plus).
• Strong analytical skills and data-drive thinking, with a proven ability to turn data into insightful reporting.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint, plus email and internet browsers. Knowledge of CRM systems similar to Nutshell is important, as is knowledge of web analytics programs and email marketing platforms.
• Bachelors Degree in Marketing or similar field required.
• Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S.
• Location of position is in Tucson, AZ.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.