Global Solar looks to enhance our dynamic and experienced team.
With our production facility in sunny Tucson, Arizona, Global Solar offers its employees an opportunity to not only pursue their individual careers but be a part of an organization committed to a sustainable future. We endeavor to offer all our employees competitive wages, benefits and working conditions that are conducive to advancing our position on the cusp of this technological wave. We encourage open communication among employees, supervisors and management. Thank you for your interest in our company.
Please review our available positions. When you have found something for which you are qualified and interested, please email your resume to the address noted at the bottom of the position description. A Global Solar representative will contact you should your qualifications match those we seek.
Senior Product Development Engineer
This position has the responsibility for developing new and upgraded products and processes based on product and marketing requirements. Key efforts include project leadership, product definition, evaluation of new materials and structures, and coordination or execution of product testing, including product reliability and certification.
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field (Electrical, Materials, Mechanical, Reliability preferred). Doctorate degree desirable.
• At least five years experience in Product Development
Desired Skills and Experience
• Product design and testing history involving polymer properties, selection and validation
• Instrumentation for and measurement of electronic materials and devices
• Product design and certification of products (e.g. UL, IEC, MIL STD)
• Reliability and failure analysis
• Statistical software for modeling and trend interpretation
• Semiconductor physics, metallurgy, and semiconductor fabrication processes
Product Development Engineer
This position will be responsible for new and improved product implementation, accomplished through engineering project leadership, evaluation of new materials and structures, and execution of continuous improvement and reliability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field (Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical)
• 3-5 years experience in process/products implementation.
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient computer skills including but not limited to MS Office and Outlook
• Understanding of electrical circuits and basic diagnostic tools for electrical circuits
• Familiarity with a wide range of polymers and their properties
• Experience in statistical software for modeling and trend interpretation