Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
Laboratory technicians perform analysis implementing a wide range of instrumentation and production equipment. They assist engineers and scientists with special testing and analysis, while carrying out vital inspection and testing of solar production materials in accordance with company procedures.
- Inspect, characterize and analyze production web material using a variety of analytical instrumentation and methodology; including:
- A variety of electrical measurements and characterization techniques
- Quantum efficiency [QE]
- Glow discharge optical emission spectroscopy [GD-OES]
- Optical spectroscopy [UV-VIS, FLIR]
- X-ray fluorescence and diffraction [XRF, XRD]
- Scanning electron microscopy [SEM]
- Energy dispersive spectroscopy [EDS]
- Surface profilometry
- With assistance from engineers and scientists, develop the ability to understand interactions and limitations of instruments in the lab and how they can best be used to solve problems.
- Perform a limited number of repetitive laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
- Extrapolate known methodology to new samples using established techniques.
- With assistance from the supervisor, prioritize the laboratory tests as required to meet deadlines and preserve the workflow.
- Carry out routine tasks with high level of accurately.
- Work independently within established SOP guidelines to process and characterize materials.
- Communicate complex ideas and compile detailed reports. Archive data and results electronically along with experimental observations.
- Demonstrate job awareness and knowledge of company goals and objectives. Recognize complex patterns and interactions and communicate them to the appropriate personnel.
- Assume responsibility for various analytical tools, conduct basic system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and instrument calibration using reference standards.
- Perform general area housekeeping and ensure the laboratory is stocked with resources.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Applicants will need an Associate's degree or Bachelor’s with laboratory experience
- Good math, physics, written and oral communication skills.
- Mechanically and electronically inclined.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision
- Familiarity with vacuum equipment, and thin film deposition processes beneficial
- PC's, Windows, general office software, specifically Excel, 10 key data entry and good typing skills.
- Knowledge of Photoshop helpful.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.