Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
Responsible for the startup of analytical work, and training of personnel, in the characterization lab portion of new production facilities in China
- Extended stays and regular travel to and from new production facilities in China.
- Provide leadership, train personnel and provide hands-on support to work teams and individuals.
- Work with quality to implement structured calibration/standardization procedures for all instruments in an analytical characterization lab.
- Support startup production line characterization measurement needs, troubleshooting and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Plan/schedule activities and meet posted schedules.
- Facilitate interactions with external laboratories and vendors.
- Continued maintenance of routine procedures for qualifying new traceable and in-house standards.
- Ensure production data reports are compiled. Ensure analysis results are archived properly.
- Enforce safety area rules and ensure exemplary general housekeeping within work area.
- General employee supervision and performance management, including maintaining attendance records; approve overtime and time off, drafting employee performance reviews.
- Review resumes, interview candidates and make hiring recommendations as needed.
- All other duties as assigned related to creating/providing an effective Characterization operation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Chemistry or Engineering
- At least two years’ experience in a production environment
- At least three years' experience in an analytical laboratory setting
- Good math, physics, written and oral communication skills
- Mechanically and electronically inclined
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with little supervision
- PC's, Windows, general office software, proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Proficiency with JMP and GSE production data systems
- Ability to travel overseas on a regular basis
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin required.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.