Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
The Characterization Engineer will be responsible for characterization of CIGS-based thin film materials for solar cell applications. The role includes ownership of photovoltaic material characterization tools as well as analysis of the date generated. The individual filling this position is expected to work independently and lead projects, as well as within teams interfacing with other scientists, technicians, and/or outside vendors to complete all necessary tasks.
- Ownership of characterization tools for CIGS based thin film materials, including IV tester, EQE, GD-OES, GTK, EL/IR, XRD, etc.
- Ensuring uptime of tools, coordinating upgrades & repairs with tool manufacturer, and keeping tools calibrated against standards.
- Seeking expansion of technology/equipment for improved metrology, coordinating and completing qualification of new characterization tools/method.
- Specify and procure components and equipment needed to deliver characterization data such as customized stage, cables, connectors, probe stations, etc.
- Document and maintain measurement work instructions for technician using the equipment.
- Work with other teams to provide metrology support for cell/module performance improvement, defects analysis and production QA/QC.
- Process, verify and analyze the measured data; produce clear concise presentations and reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical, Material, Mechanical Engineering required
- Required minimum of three years experience with thin film PV materials, characterization metrology development or instrument set-up and maintenance.
- Equivalent education/experience will be considered.
- Experience with photovoltaic material characterization preferred.
- Must be highly-motivated and goal-oriented and able to function in a dynamic research environment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks with reliable consistency, care, safety and attention to detail.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Quick learner and self-motivated.
- Physical Demands: The employee must be able to lift 25lbs regularly.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.